Saturday, April 07, 2007

Isaiah's bday day 3

Isaiah climbed up on this turtle all by himself and thought he was king of the world!!! He just took off once he was inside this playground enclosure and explored and climbed with confidence. The only thing he needed help with was climbing out of a boat. He loved turning this wheel faster and faster and faster. On a not so cool note, I started feeling sick on the plane on the way home and have had a bad cold perhaps turning into bronchitis ever since. Sure hope I didn't give it to the Budds. We have Jenny this week and you can definitely tell she is old now. She doesn't run all the way up the hill like she was want to do just a couple of months ago, and she can't seem to hear at all unless I clap or knock on the door, whistling and calling her name just doesn't get any response. The good news....after getting enough hair off of her the last couple of days to knit sweaters for the entire family, she seems to be shedding less. But then again maybe it is the cold snap we are having and the snow (!) we got last night that is making her hold on to it a little more tightly. She sleeps a fair amount and after noticing that she was eyeing her blanket bed that we had left in the garage because she NEVER sleeps on it when she is here, I brought it in early Friday morning and she spent the entire day sleeping on it! Such a fickle woman she is :-). Ever the man's dog, she was quite delighted to see Wood roll back into town late last night and I am sure will not leave his side for the next week. :-) An event that will delight him to no end. He oh so wants our own dog. Played a trick on Wood last night. He ordered some really fancy new leather cases for our new BB's and I was pretty sure that was what was in the box that arrived yesterday afternoon. So I carefully opened the bottom of the box, took one of them out of its individual box and tried it out on my BB ... oh so gorgeous. Then I placed the empty cellophane sealed neatly back in the box that that case came in and tucked it back in the box, put the mostly empty box back in the shipping box with the other unopened BB box and resealed the bottom. Wood arrived from the airport about midnight and I knew he would see the box I had blatantly placed on the counter next to his mail. He climbs into bed and talks of his day and then after about 15 minutes asks if the box on the counter could be our new cases. I say I don't know but I think so why doesn't he bring it in here and open it up. Well he doesn't bring it in to the bedroom but opens it up in the living room and then starts yelling that he can't believe they packed an empty box ( you have to understand that a day spent traveling home does not usually put either of us in the most patient and understanding of moods). He returns to the bedroom shows me the new case and offers it to me, gentleman that he is, admiring its beauty and disgustingly says he guess he will have to call the company first thing in the morning (you also have to realize that we have been waiting for these cases for two weeks and Wood is Mr. Gadget, especially Mr. Leather gadget himself, so giving up the case for a possible two more weeks was a huge sacrifice, yet done without even a blink of an eye). Okay you know I can't keep a secret for very long so had to tell him my case was very neatly holding my BB and took it out of my purse to show him. Chuckling he said , well don't you think you're pretty smart getting me like that... hmmm payback will be fun. Oh oh, I think I have opened a can of worms. :-)

2 comments:

anne said...

Looks like you had fun!
What's a BB?
Hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Blackberry