Saturday, June 11, 2011

May 2011 vacation day 3

On Monday Wood, Jill, the little T guy and I headed off to the Los Angeles county natural history museum. Wood and I were sort of intrigued by this can you lift the truck display outside. Wood was able to easily do up to the 2 times effort. Took all my might to hang off the first one and get the truck off the ground. Our next stop was the outdoor butterfly exhibit, which inspired me to plant some lantana when we got home. There were butterflies every where and the little T guys was quite intrigued by it all. That was he was intrigued until we got inside where it was really really noisy and there were giant dinosaurs everywhere. Then I am afraid the little T guy got the same feeling as his grandma which was let me outside to some peace and quiet. Wood and I checked out a couple of exhibits- him the old stuff - me the bugs- and then we headed off to a fantastic diner lunch in Pasadena. We bid goodby to J, G and T and headed off to meet Bob and Sheri for dinner. Really great to see the both of them and admire Bob's new rock cutter and polisher and also Sheri's cactus dish gardens- they are really pretty and I don't even like cactus that much.... but then Sheri has always had a way with plants and flowers of all kinds. After a wonderful visit and delicious dinner at Claim Jumper, Wood and I headed back to pack up for the rest of our journey up the coast. More pictures of the first 3 days on my Picasa web album.

1 comment:

Jill said...

That was a fun day. The butterfly pavilion was especially neat. Man, that dinosaur picture looks scary!