Saturday, March 22, 2008

Wood, his dog and his hog

Yesterday morning at 3:30 when I decided I really had too much to do and should get up, Petey knew immediately that this was a special day. He just KNEW we had somewhere to go and he KNEW it was going to the airport to pick up Wood. I took an early shower and went over to the office to work. Wait Petey says this is WRONG! First he just wouldn't come in the door to go upstairs but sat outside the garage door, waiting for me to open it so he could hop in the car. Then when I finally persuaded him to come in (ie went and picked him up and tossed him in the door) he runs to the top of the stairs and when I sit down to work, he starts biting and clawing at my arm to get me to stop. Then he jumps up on my lap, which makes it very difficult to work and starts licking my face and trying in his best doggie way to get me to goooooo. Ok well I got about 2.5 hours out of him before we had to leave. Pretty hard to get him to take the time to go to the bathroom when he knows he is going for a ride. We drive to the airport, all the time his is on my lap inbetween it and the steering wheel, looking out the window. We get to the airport and he recognizes the way we go to pick up Wood and he jumps up and puts his paws on the steering wheel and looks forward (like he is driving- its ok, we are only going about 20 mph right now), spots Wood and goes bananas. Well when Wood gets in the car, Petey jumps on his lap, puts his paws up on his chest and starts licking his face. After the initial excitement, he wants to get as close as he possibly can, so he climbs up about clavicle level, read just below Wood's chin and shoulders and lays down with his head just as close as it can possibly be too Wood's. Now is that love or what! Jill wrote on her blog (the DHX one), yesterday about dogs. I have to tell you this is why I love dogs. They so unconditionally shower you in love. Now, I know sometimes that comes with responsibilities that are a bit of a bother. Like when I need to keep working for awhile and Petey is biting my arm and trying to get me to stop working on the computer because we have already been at it 9 + hours and he wants to either play or go for a walk. Or when he literally keeps after me until I either take him for a car ride or a walk (he is the most persistent communicator). So there really are times when I would like to wriggle my nose and get the dog out of my space for a while so I can do what I need to do and not what he wants me to do. But it is that true unconditional love that just does it for me, when it comes to dogs :-) Ok so Petey and Wood love each other. But Wood also loves and I mean loves, his 'hog'. He couldn't wait to get home yesterday and take it for a spin.

2 comments:

anne said...

Great pictures! Is that one for the frame?

Unknown said...

Yup, the one with Wood proudly standing by his bike. Already in it :-)