Sunday, March 30, 2008

My first ride with Big Dog

Wood got his license Friday. Yah!!!! So yesterday he took me on my very first Harley ride. I think I am hooked. We rode through Red Top and then went out to the Indian mounds and came back through town. I could see so many things that I am not usually able to see. I LOVED it. It was about 59 when we left and Wood convinced me I needed to wear my leather jacket (his former leather bomber jacket). For once I listened and boy am I glad I did. 60 degrees is definitely leather jacket weather on a bike. I have a helmet with a face shield and that was pretty cool too. Petey LOVES the bike and I think he wants to come. Last Friday when Wood went to get his license, Petey and I sat on the back porch drinking a beer and just enjoying the early evening. Petey knows the sound of the Harley and was alerting sitting on my lap looking for him to come back in our neighborhood gates. Problem is, it is Harley riding weather and there were a number of Harleys that passed by on the street going into Redtop State park. He was sure everyone of them was Wood and went to the edge of our yard, just at the brink of the downward slope (if you can call it a slope- more like a drop off) checking to see if it was him returning. When Wood finally did come back, Petey raced around the deck, through the garage and then down the driveway to welcome him back. A wee bit of a challenge for Wood, coming up the driveway with the little pipsqueek jumping all around him. But both survived :-). We're looking at getting a little dog/sack thing for Petey to ride in for short intown rides. We just know this truck lovin, car lovin riding dog wants to be part of the Harley family too :-)

No comments: