Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I'm hard to please.... or I know what I like and I like what I know

Monday we drove up to Savannah and then on to Hilton Head South Carolina. Ok so we just drove around Savannah and we drove around Hilton Head and maybe I would like each of them more if we either stayed there or at least got out and walked about some. Let me tell you there are more golf courses and resorts on Hilton Head then you can shake a stick at. They are everywhere. Also there are no advertising signs that are higher than about 3 ft and then are all very unobtrusive (read hard to find anything) Hilton Head has the reputation of being the place to go.... and it was pretty don't get me wrong. And we did have a very nice lunch/dinner looking out over the intercoastal waterway. BUT give me my quiet, cabana room on the beach in St. Simons. Got to watch the sun rise this morning and another dolphin/porpoise feeding. Various shore birds too. Locals out walking their dogs in the early morning quiet. In to the town today to walk through shops. And then off to Okefenokee swamp tomorrow. Can't wait. Been a life long desire to see that swamp. I LOVE this vacation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Barb,
You need to check out South Beach, beautiful sunsets, not too many people know about it. You can tap the top of the water and the dolphins come up. Check out http://vrbo.com/394795