Sunday, June 25, 2006

The blessings of June 27

I'd just like to take a moment to reflect on the blessings of my son and my granddaughter, both born on June 27. I think this must be an extraordinary day because these are two really special people. Yesterday, Bryan dropped his plans for the day to come rescue me from the demise of my computer. Sadly I am still to be banned from ethernet land on this particular machine, but Bry's always ready willingness to help and expressions of love in his care of me make me sooo grateful that he is my son. I have spent some time this morning reading his blog and just admiring the intelligence of this gentle man. Bry makes a difference. I think he makes a positve difference in the lives of all he touches because he is thoughtful and his actions reflect the thoughtfulness that he gives to all actions of life. Yesterday I arrived in Portland and was warmly and enthusiastically greeted by Ellen running down the airport hall with her arms out hollering "Bopp". What a great hug I got and how that just warmed my heart. This little cutie is the most unique human being. The sayings she comes up with... I just don't know where they come from. Yesterday, I don't know how many times I was "impossible... Bopp you are just impossible" "why Ellen" "You're just impossible" Because her mom and dad treat her with respect and talk to her intelligently, she can carry on the most incredible conversations. She just melts my heart and is such a joy to be around. Anyway I just wanted to pay special tribute to these two very dear to me people who will be celebrating their 30th and 3rd birthdays respectively. I love you both.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

ahhhh... :)

phdendron said...

Well said.

Wray Davis said...

Thank you! :D