Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My own Microcosmos

One of my most favorite movies of ALL TIME is Microcosmos and Lo and Behold what should I see when I go down the hill to get the mail at lunch time???? My own (very own) dung beetle struggling with his own (very own) ball of poop!!! I have never seen a dung beetle in action or known that I have ever seen one in Georgia. He/She was about as successful as the one in Microcosmos.
Such lunch time entertainment!!! and for sure the highlight of my day!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

wow. they don't really have a lot of control do they?

Unknown said...

How interesting how it got that ball of poop to move. I felt sorry for it when it rolled back down.

Jane Beavis said...

I often compare my job to the myth of Sisiphus who was cursed by the Gods and had to roll a boulder up a hill just to have it roll back down as he got close to the top. I name your dung beetle Sisiphus and he is a compadre.

Jill said...

It's so cute!

phdendron said...

You see the most amazing things out there!

anne said...

That is so cool! And poor little dude. Where ya' going buddy?