Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Ever so much fun

Monday I broke a tooth on a nut that had been cracked (the tooth not the nut). Boy was I glad that I was home and not on the road. Today the dentist was able to work me in to start the crown process. Once before I had to have a crown on the opposite side of my lower jaw... same tooth. 5 shots of Novocain. I made this dentist promise that he would not give me 5 shots of novocain again (really hard on my body all over, not just my face and mouth0 Well he had to break his promise and he would have given me another shot if I would have let him. I guess my lower jaw is innervated really uniquely (ie I am weird). So it just hurt, even though he tried really really hard not to hurt me and to make it feel like he was drilling right on a nerve. but in the end it is done and I have a temporary crown and I have had a couple of shots of Brandy to deal with the pain tonight and all will be well when i get I get the permanant in about a month :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Barb, Sorry to hear that you too broke a tooth. As you know I just went through that myself. Mine was #14. What was yours? I have my crown now. Not looking forward to any more broken teeth, however.

Wray Davis said...

How terrible!