Friday, July 25, 2008

Identification help please

At first I thought these guys might be walking sticks, but I was thinking about it overnight and I think walking sticks are really really skinnier and more segmented and I am really not sure this guy really has 6 legs. If he does there are two up by his atennae. We have had several of these lurking around lately. I thought at first that they were dead bloated walking sticks but this guy is alive (and keeping me from going in and out of this door). I think they may be joining the company of the house centipede as one of my least favorite insects (if it is an insect)

3 comments:

Wray Davis said...

Looks a lot like this guy to me:

BugGuide.net link

Sarah said...

i think it is a walking stick too

Unknown said...

This guy is BIG. I thought they were smaller. I went on exoticpets.about.com. And yes, this is a Walking Stick