Friday, June 13, 2008

Anole caught in the act

If you click on the picture and make it bigger you can see how really cool his throat is! Ok, I know better - I knew this wasn't a chameleon, really I did, but I do thank two of my wonderful children for reminding me that there is a very distinct difference between chameleons and anoles - feet, eyes, head shape, etc etc etc. I feel I have done my job as a parent that I have raised insect and reptile loving children :-) You guys know your stuff :-) I am proud :-)

5 comments:

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

i was going to say thats an anole, not a chameleon, but then i looked it up to be sure and it said that sometimes people call them anoles. how crazy.

Unknown said...

Wow! What a neat animal!

Unknown said...

WOW! That is really a great shot.

Sarah said...

oops i mean sometimes people call them chameleons. and it is a cool shot.