Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Miscellaneous fun

We played in the rain... or rather the kids did and I stayed in and took pictures :-) By the way, I meant to write a little about the kids. Isaiah just loves to play with remote control cars (he got quite a kick out of making the car or truck go forward and then back up and crash into his foot) and Blokus... rather he likes to place the tiles in their spots and make pictures. I was reminded a couple of times when I to got carried away placing tiles, that "it isn't your turn yet, Bopp" (very sweetly said). He also wants to make sure he is part of the conversations. Ellen and I had a number about a variety of topics and Isaiah would frequently wait until I was done speaking and then ask, "are you speaking to both of us, Bopp". Ellen is quite the grown up these days. We had a number of conversations about grown up things and once when Sarah and Dave were teasing each other in the car, they told Ellen they were just joking, and she leaned over toward me (we were both in the way back) put her hand over her mouth so her words were directed only to me and said, "I knew they were joking before they told me. They didn't have to say that." She also has become quite the soccer player. Last summer when I was there, she had a little bit of a time connecting with the ball. But not this year. I had a hard time avoiding getting smacked in the face while the balls whizzed past me. That girl has quite a kick, and not just when it is still, she gets that ball on the run! And we made the requisite Target shopping trip. It was Verrrrrry cold outside so Ellen added some jeans to the skirt and top she had picked out to wear that day. Ellen kept asking me why I was so cold. Ah to be a kid again And, Aunt Jill, these may not be ruby red slippers but they are Ellen's new cool fushia glitter shoes :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are some great shoes!

anne said...

What fun it looks like you had on this trip!!!