Monday, July 24, 2006

Weekend 1 in DC

Visited with Anne and Mark on Saturday and as always had a wonderful time. Their front yard is looking especially wonderful since they landscaped. We went out to Chili's for lunch and then to see "The Devil wears Prada" Anne and I both liked it and Mark said he liked the beginning ;-). All I have to say is if my first week of work here last week was as bad as 'the new Emily' I think I would have told them all where to go. Some seriously nasty women, for sure. Sunday I visited the Hirschhorn Museum and the ground floor of the National Art Gallery. I especially love Rodin's work and they both had lots. So all in all I was quite thrilled. Some of my favorite work was in the National Art Gallery which isn't really a part of the Smithsonian. I took lots of pictures of one particular statue. Going to see if they actually came out tonight and then will post if one of them did. All in all a great weekend, if not still a little hot. But then so is everyone.

1 comment:

anne said...

I had a really great visit with you, Mom. I'm so glad you came and can't wait to do it again.

I love you!