Sunday, July 09, 2006

Bugs and such

Wood has been the fortunate one to spot most of the interesting bugs around the house. He has seen luna moths twice and this little fellow was sitting on the hood of his truck Saturday morning. Me , the lover of bugs, never spots a one, but Wood the not so lover of bugs seems to see them all the time I took him out to a more comfortable spot in the pinestraw by some bushes Wood was also fortunate enough to pick up this fine hitchhiker on our trip up to Chicago last week. He felt something crawling on his arm after a brief stop in Kentucky (which is most gorgeous). Wood wanted it off and I wanted him to hold still while I grabbed a picture. We compromised with him in a pocket of the door and then I took him outside on our map. I believe it is a Hebrew moth, although I would have named it a Dalmatian moth. Notice the blue up by his head and on his legs. Very very cool.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

those are some big bugs.

Wray Davis said...

Those are some good-looking bugs. :)

anne said...

Very cool, indeed.

And, ew! Did you TOUCH that twig bug?
Looks a little too HUGE-SPIDER-like to me :)

Unknown said...

It's a walking stick. No I didn't touch him... and for all of my bravery if he would have jumped at me i probably would have screamed. But he seemed like a kind of slow mover to me :-)