Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Summer Storms

For the second day in a row, I have had the pleasure (only because I wasn't driving) of experiencing glorious thunderstorms. The summer pattern here is that it is hot and muggy during the day and huuuuuuge thunderheads build up and then drop it all about 5 or 6 pm, resplendent with booming thunder and lightening. Fun to watch and listen to, but if you are on the road... almost impossible to see to drive, it is raining so hard. The continuing saga of the house... got a phone call this morning that they couldn't get the bathroom tile we agreed on last night, so we were supposed to go pick out new tile - they are going to lay it over the other bathroom floor and shower floor tile. So with much mumbling, grumbling and cursing, we did. I think we got "surely you can' t screw this up tile" but who knows. Guess I shouldn't complain since this tile and the labor to install is not costing us anything BUT it isn' t what we wanted, so I get to grumble a wee bit. IF they get it installed this week, I'll post pictures. Our plantation shutters get installed Thursday. No progress on the landscaping!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

we've had a good amount of rain also - but nothing too exciting. just rain...probably to make up for not having any during the winter. good job blogging mom. :)

anne said...

I just saw on the news that a tropical storm is forming over the Carribean islands, and it looks like it's hanging over Cancun/Cozumel too. Ick...
Mark leaves tomorrow morning and I leave Saturday. Rain predicted the whole week. I do like rain, (a lot), but...