Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Special

I was reading through a journal I was working in a couple of years ago and was reminded of a time when I was feeling especially down and beating myself up with a ton of negative self talk. I thought up an acronym, special, for all the areas in my life that I wanted to grow. I have been beyond lazy in this area and think I will start again. Reminder that these are all goals (go after laughing) S- Sexy - what woman doesn't want to think she is sexy - do something to feel sexy everyday P- Physically fit - really plays into "s" but I really like to be able to hike and play with the grandkids without feeling so out of shape. I realize that I will never look again like I did in high school, but I would like to be a little closer to that size again. this can take a variety of experiences- yoga, walking, nordic track, but need to do something to improve and then maintain E- Emotionally healthy (addressing issues before they get out of hand) C- Creative - I really like to read and write poetry and need to do it more often - but this can also involve creative problem solving or just feeding the creative part of my soul I- Intelligent - do something every day to stimulate my intelligence- to grow mentally A- Attentive - actually listening to people- instead of waiting to share my part when they are done speaking- work on active listening L- loving- focus on a loving act for those around me daily. I really want to focus on positive thoughts about who I am and remember that I am 'special' and I am thinking that if I can do positive things in this area it will help me to be special.

3 comments:

anne said...

I like that, mom, that's nice.

Sarah said...

yeah me too.

Woodster50 said...

You're pretty special to me...always and every day!