Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Inspiration

Been running into a few road blocks at work lately and was reminded when I couldn't sleep Sunday night of Good ol' Abe Lincoln and all the defeats he met in his life, but just kept rebounding, because (I hope) he wanted to make a difference. I keep thinking I'll just stop banging into this particular roadblock and go do something else. But then I wonder who will make where I am a better place? I really feel like I have a mission and maybe I am too intense about it, but do think I am making and can continue to make a difference, behind the scenes in my job, just because I do care. Anyway road blocks are just challenges to get through in order to continue to the destination, right?

2 comments:

Wray Davis said...

Absolutely. Roadblocks are things to be overcome. However, not every roadblock can be overcome, so I think it's best to hit problems that are just a little harder than you think possible, and not ones that are a lot harder. That's what I think, of course, not what I do.

Sarah said...

i think its a good thing to find a place that you can make a difference in - somwhere you can make a unique contribution, and aren't just filling the seat of a chair. :)